Wednesday, May 27, 2009

HOME IS WHERE THE MTNS ARE...and my family

Happy Memorial Day all...i'm not really sure if i've ever really appreciated this holiday as much as i should...but after this year...i will always remember it!

My wonderful father whom i love more than anything got me tickets to come home for the long weekend and really i couldnt be happier! I flew in on thursday night (worst flight of my life but really i just cant relive that that experience cause i may get alittle too graphic and this is a family blog..but trust me people...it was the LONGEST most FOUL SMELLING flight of my life)

Once home i got to just spend the whole time with the fam, eating more than i have in weeks, loving being in a car, and shopping till my bank account hates me. I really loved every second of being home and really fell in love with utah more. i'm really sad i wont be there this summer. it was so green and pretty, and mtns just call to me. I really really really hope i can get some hiking in this fall. Instead of giving a hour by hour account of what i did at home i'll just list off the big activities
-3 movies in 4 days (Star Trek, Night at the Museum, Angels and Demons)
-Shopping at 3 malls and my HOME Target
-Never ending free diet coke
-Amazing food at every meal, and enough that i was full...after every meal!
-J.CREW OUTLET...tears are in my eyes just thinking about it
-Memorial Day flowering of graves
-Sunday Dinner...live lobsters and clams...A-MAZ-ING
-free diet coke
-laying on the couch
-doing yardwork...and no mom you cant hold this against me
-sleeping in my own bed
-eating the worlds best cakeballs made by my sister kristin (ok she's not a BLOOD sister...but she's darn close!)

see...i could really keep going forever...but i really loved being home.

I was horribly sad to leave since it'll be a long time since i see them again, and i wont be back in utah till august.

sorry this is so wordy and no pictures...but i just didnt have time to take pictures this time...but i'll post a picture of my moms amazing yard..and the beautiful peonies!! LOVE YOU FAM!



2 comments:

  1. yeah, looks like you had a great time in Utah.

    You? Yardwork? oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog and recap of our weekend. It was fun and we miss you!! I am sending more current pictures of the yard, taken today by Maddi. The red poppies finally popped!! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete