Wednesday, May 27, 2009

the big reveal

ok...so i know i teased about this awhile ago...but i just wasnt ready to tell everyone...now i am!

I'M MOVING TO CHICAGO ON JUNE 7TH TO INTERN AT DDB!!!!

this was totally unplanned but i'm really just so blessed and excited to go. Every day I go back on forth on if i'm ready for this...but i know deep down i am. this is such a great opportunity and there are just so many pluses to going. I get to hang with more of my fave ad people, work for a fantastic agency, live in a totally new city (i know...shocking that i havent been to chicago before...but its true!), and my favorite professor Kevin Kelly is going to be there! Really...its just such a cool thing.

so i will be in chicago from June 7th till....August TBD

if any of you guys have suggestions on places to go tell me! the few things i know about chicago are:
-rookie of the year was filmed there
-they've got pizza
-adventures of babysitting was filmed there
-there's a lake which means theres a beach right?
-it's in Illinois

yeah...those are really all i've got...ok i'm sure i know more...and yes i've been googling...but really how much can i trust from what i've read. every time i talk to people about chicago they're like..."Oh Chicago! It's so great! Great city! Hate the winters...they're horrible. Good luck!"

like i said...any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Rookie of the Year...
    "HOT ICE! it's the best of both worlds!"

    I hear that Chicago is super cool. You'll have a good time for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! oh man I had the best breakfast of my life at this place called Orange on Clark St. Chicago has really fantastic architecture (it's where Frank Lloyd Wright is from) so you should go to all the cool buildings, my favorite was Marina City. Touristy things: Wrigley Field of course, Navy Pier, Field Museum and Millennium Park. Also you are going to be pretty close to some other rad cities: I recommend Louisville and Minneapolis.

    ReplyDelete