Wednesday, May 27, 2009

back in action...

OK...so let me catch you up since the last time i talked to you....

1.my internship...the same. totally the same. nothing really major to report other than i cant believe how time moves there.

2. OK so a couple Saturdays ago a friend invited me along to help out at a Ragnar Relay Series race...and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT! and I didn't even participate! But ladies and gents...let me tell you...I WILL ASAP! The race was the brain-child of 2 super awesome guys who just love running in awesome locations and they're just expanding like crazy. I also LOVE the whole way the race is set up. The race is around 200ish miles which are run by teams of 12! How cool is that?! Each person takes different sections and its amazing, oh and you run it non-stop...which means running in the middle of the night...early in the morning...high off adrenaline...followed by vans and your 11 closest friends! CMON...COOL RIGHT?! Yeah...basically I can't wait to get a team together and take on one of these mother-of-all races. (my goal is Wasatch Back 2010) also by me announcing this on my blog it makes it real...and serious. So ya'll know that i'm gonna do this...and i dont wanna be called a liar! ALSO...if you wanna be on a team LET ME KNOW! I promise it'll be the funnest/most painful thing ever but sooooo rewarding. Plus...i'm thinking a kick-a team name/tshirts/possibly costumes will be apart of this team thing! here are some pictures for Ragnar NYC 09


the reward for finishing...i may or may not have one of these...



funny story about the next picture...for about 2 hours ali and i were about 1/4 a mile from the finish line and we'd radio in the teams that were coming in...and honestly...we were kinda bored...but right behind us was the Van Cordtland house...some historical place where people were in period costumes shooting off muskets and guns. Here is a great pic. but when they were shooting there were some 8 yr old boys about 200 yards away and everytime they'd shoot the blanks a boy would pretend he got shot and drop down on the ground. I laughed every time. Ali and i also got creative while sitting out there and would call in each team with different accents...which lead to original raps from the Ragnizzle Productshizzle...yeah...it was a blast.

2 comments:

  1. Man, I am going to hold you to the R&R. Good luck. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michon- I ran the wasatch back last summer and absolutely loved it!!!! I want to run it again.

    ReplyDelete