Sunday, October 25, 2009

10-4=6







So last night was my 10th year going to a Warren Miller movie. When I was 13 John Meier invited me to go with him and the boys to some ski movie...i thought i was super cool because I never got invited to go to things like that, but i'd like to think my skills on the mountain at 13 got me the invite into the boys club. anyways it was the 50th anniversary that the LEGEND made a flick. it was love at first sight. i'd never been to a movie like that. or seen people ski like that.

clearly i was hooked.

10 years have passed and i went to Dynasty last night...the 60th movie. Since 50 warren has sold the production company and essentially left the movies. It's broken my heart. The movies are totally different and the witty humor and groundbreaking stuff has been lost. As Maddi and I were driving home last night I said that the past 4 years have been bad...but the first 6 were great. Which means that there's been more good than bad years. So I think I might stop. The tickets are way more expensive since back 10 years ago...and there aren't half as many prizes or free stuff.

In memory of Warren Miller here are some of his many great quotes:

"If you dont do it this year, you will be one year older when you do"

"Don't take life seriously because you can't come out of it alive."

"It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're planning on stealing your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it."

"It's not your aptitude but your attitude that determines your altitude."

"If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your thing."

"The best place in the world to ski is where you're skiing that day."


I think it's time to start collecting the old ones. but I will close this post the way he closed every movie:

See you next year, same time, same place

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE AMAZING! that blog made me tear up a bit and then laugh and then feel extreme proud to be your favorite sister!! loves! and i will help you find the classics of Warren..same time...same place...

    ReplyDelete