Monday, June 22, 2009

How come nobody told me!?

THAT CHICAGO HAS THE BEST FOOD IN THE U.S.
(i'm saying the U.S. because european food is on another level)

Friday was an awesome eating experience starting with lunch at the Nordstrom Cafe (which really felt like home, that store has special meaning to me...most likely because of what my mother has taught me)
Dinner was also amazing, although i'm sure part of my love for the meal was due to the fact i was SOAKED TO THE BONE from walking a mile in the pouring rain...it was unreal...i've never been that soaking wet before!
Ed's is one of the funnest burger places i've been to! the waiters/waitresses treat you rude as a part of the "show" and periodically will start dancing on the tables. Its all just great.

Funny story...when we walked in to Ed's it was literally 50 degrees and that meant immediate onset hypothemia, not to mention it took them awhile to be rude to us because we were so soaked and pathetic looking. the busboys gave me a stack of napkins and motioned to use it on my hair because it was dripping on the floor.

this weekend there were TWO food fests (Taste of Greece and Taste of Randolf Street)
choosing between these fests was quite difficult...because from what i can tell...there is NO BAD FOOD AT CHICAGO FESTS. and really..this weekend was just prep for the BIG EVENT...Taste of Chicago words can not describe how excited i am for this weekend and the week following. I just wish maddi was here to experience it because i know she'd die of happiness.

Anyways, so we settled on Taste of Randolf and it was awesome. I had alot of delicious food that really made me wish i had the metabolism of a teenage boy. My favorite taste was the kebobs, only because the fresh tuna taco i had was so flaming hot that tears came to my eyes.

Saturday night was quite an adventure that ended with another super fun food spot Billy Goat Tavern which was one of the coolest places i've been to. I felt like i'd stepped into a time warp.
This is a vid that some guy posted about what its like in there...
NO JOKE THIS GUY IS REAL

This place is a chicago GEM and was the inspiration for a SNL skit that is really impossible to find online. It has john belushi in it as a greek cook. he says "cheezborger cheeseborger cheeseborge" I've literally spent 15 minutes looking. It's super cool and i am sure i will be going back.

Sunday was yet another day of delicious...when we went to WOW (World of Wings) Literally best wings i've ever had! there are like 17 difference sauces ( my fave is Thai Peanut) and their sweet potatoe fries are unreal.

Ok i'm now totally embarrassed and am going to stop eating now.

3 comments:

  1. quit going to all of these awesome restaurants! You're making me jealous!

    Yeah, it's been pretty rainy and bleak over here as well. Things will clear up sometime...right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun!!! i want to be having fun in cool places!

    good thing i leave for ny in the morning....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of us remember the original SNL "Cheeseburger" skit and don't need the utube reminder..... Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete