Thursday, June 18, 2009

chicago style

OK...so consider this my official post from Chicago. I've been non-stop crazy since i got here! Most of you know I'm at DDB Chicago and I really like it here. My first week was super busy, just the way i like it. Kara is my partner in crime out here and we each have our own little cubicles but we just yell over the wall between us. I of course have started to put up pictures and in the first 3 days i was here i rearranged my office about 6 times. (there was realllly bad lighting and i just can't stand that!) We work under and AWESOME C.D. Mark Westman. He's been really nice and showed us so much that i didn't even know went into producing ads.

UIC housing is great, i feel like I'm in a palace compared to the ihouse. its a new area and the place is only 3 years old. the funnest part is the Chicago interns have really bonded and we're basically a little family now. We play games every night (Sorry! and UNO) I've one ONE game of UNO and lost at Sorry! every time! the boys keep winning. Quite unfair!

I haven't really done too much exploring around here but last weekend was really fun, we went to a Art Fest in Old Town Chicago and it was quite the event. One of the things I've really started to love about Chicago is how much this city likes to celebrate things. there are festivals every weekend and people are really nice and inviting. Not to mention the FOOD IS AMAZING. I'm quickly learning that Chicago is a food town and EVERYONE has an opinion about it. On Saturday i had some of the best polish food I've ever had. There were so many options but when i saw the old ladies cookin up polish sausage and pierokies my dad's voice was in my head basically SCREAMING at me to eat it. So i did. unbelievable. The Blues Fest was also going on, didn't spend as much time as i was hoping to there but really...such a cool place.

I work right across from the amazing Millenium Park which is really one of the most beautiful parks I've been to! There is so much to see and do every weekend and its soooo beautiful to look at from our ACD's office. The bean is still crazy cool to me.

This post is lengthy sorry, I'm at work and don't have pictures to post but i will soon! Miss you all!

3 comments:

  1. you need to listen to your momma's voice in your head and look for the best deep dish pizza, the thicker the crust and deeper the cheese the better!! Hopefully the weather will be good and you can check out the beach next to Lake Michigan. Have a good day!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock ON! I'm glad that things are going well. Those game nights sound SUPER fun. Make sure to learn a bunch and have a great time!

    ReplyDelete