Tuesday, April 28, 2009

fare-thee-well

I had to say goodbye to Utah...right when spring skiing is at it's all-time greatest and the mountains are just begging to be explored. Plus, it's time to start my ultimate tan. I'm also pretty sad because the day before I left Snowbird got 8 inches...OF SNOW.

My last night in Utah was okay though, jenny came over for a traditional sleepover and of course I barely slept because I am a terrible packer, and my nerves are unbearably strong. The next morning we left at 7.15 and this was the parting view I got of the mtns.



(I will not miss this view. In the past 2 weeks I've spent 50+ hours in the car moving things...I HATE MOVING/TRAFFIC)



The day didn't really start out so great, my sweatshirt was stolen/or lost within 5 minutes of being in the airport and my ticket had the wrong gate on it. But I made it on the flight with all my other nyc'ers and the flight was typical (long, painful, and non-routine) We got into JFK 45 minutes early, but we sat on the tarmack for 50 minutes. So great.

Thanks to the "marrieds" the best part of the day was when Nathan (bless your heart) got us a private shuttle to just take us straight to the ihouse. We were all pretty delirious but we made it.

So I'm here. It's all good. And to be totally honest, I don't hate the ihouse. I love the location, and I love my view. I also love having the room to myself and not having to go head-to-toe. I have a pretty good feeling that this time around is going to be the best.

This is a bad picture of my view...but it's what you get. Don't complain.

2 comments:

  1. nice, very nice. follow my blog at http://dabiznes.blogspot.com/ please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never forget the head-to-toe. Cherish it.

    ReplyDelete